Try this lighter, dairy free, vegan recipe for one of my holiday favorites! It also make a great mixer for your Shakeology!
- 4 cups raw almonds
- filtered water for soaking almonds
- 8 cups Filtered water
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup raw almond butter
- 1½ tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ground nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp. ground cloves
- 2 tsp. rum extract (or to taste) or a splash of rum, whatever you are feeling ;)
- Soak almonds overnight in water.
- Rinse and drain soaked almonds.
- Place soaked almonds and 6 cups of filtered water in blender or food processor (may need to do in 2 batches). Blend on highest speed for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Strain milk through a fine mesh strainer or cheese cloth; discard solids.
- Place almond milk back into blender; add almond butter, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
- Blend for 30 seconds; pour into large pitcher with cover.
- Cover and refrigerate until cold.